We can help through the entire process, from Asset Map and Holding Company to Implementing a hands-on active asset management.
– Surface the vast majority of asset that is held directly or indirectly by various governments entities, through asset tracing techniques
– Compile an Asset Register and Indicative Valuation by analysing the value of the aggregate inventory and utilizing a blend of property pricing techniques.
The Asset Map could be used as a feasibility study to gain a better understanding of the potential value and revenues generated from better management of public assets.
The simple data sets required for producing an Asset Map of the real estate portfolio, can be best understood from the Boston-example in the attached presentation and the underlying data sheets in this link.
Publishing an Annual Review, outlining the value and yield of the portfolio, could help generate public support for professionalizing the management of the portfolio (see the attached Lithuanian-example)
The Public Wealth Fund
An independent holding company at arms-length from short-term political interference, will allow government to focus on the wider economic issues by fully delegating the management of the commercial portfolio to professional management.
Active Asset Management
Implementing a hands-on active asset management will allow you to commercialize, optimize and potentially rationalize your commercial portfolio to the benefit of the whole of society.
Professional management of public Wealth - International examples
- Temasek – Singapore National Wealth Fund
MTR – Hong Kong railway operator and real estate developer
- Solidium – National Wealth Fund of Finland
- HCAP – Hellenic National Wealth Fund
- Central Huijin Investment – China state-owned banks holding company
London Continental Railways – UK Ministry of Transport real estate development company
- The Crown Estate – UK government real estate holding company
- Hafen City Hamburg – City of Hamburg Urban Wealth Fund
- By & Havn – City of Copenhagen Urban Wealth Fund
- Vasakronan – Swedish government real estate development company
Jernhusen – Swedish Railway real estate development company
- Vasallen – Real estate development company for the Swedish Ministry of Defence
- Locum – real estate developer for Stockholm County hospitals
- Akademiska Hus – real estate holding company for Swedish Ministry of Education
Central Hujin Investment
China state-owned banks holding company
“The monetization of these under-exploited real commercial public assets will likely require considerable innovation in capital markets and investment banking
Willem Buiter, Chief Economist Citi Group
+46 70 327 61 39
Dag Detter | +46 70 327 61 39 | DAG@DETTERCO.COM